Thursday, September 26, 2013

week 36

I never got a picture for this week so I found this picture of something Will has likened me to MULTIPLE times these past few weeks....

Back story: When freaking out that my stomach wasn't "big enough" for 36 weeks Will mentioned, "yea but don't forget you've got that gorilla body...like me". He was dead serious. We have discussed this before about how we think we appear fatter than we actualy are due to our sway-backs and bulbous butts. However, not something you expect to hear from your loving husband at 36 weeks pregnant.


Total weight gain:  37lbs...getting larger by the minute!

Maternity clothes?  Yes, and precious Will treated me to a new dress on our anniversary so I didn't have to wear the same thing over and over for the next 4 weeks. Thanks Willis.

Stretch marks?  Yea...I'm anticipating secret ones after I give birth too...

Sleep:  I've been averaging getting up about twice a night. Sometimes once. Sometimes none and sometimes 3 times! I woke up with pains once that I thought were Braxton Hicks but just turned out to be a ridiculously full (and painful) bladder.

Best moment this week: Definitely our anniversary dinner date followed by a totally unnecessary stop by the mall for The Cheesecake Factory for, duh, cheesecake! I can't remember the last time we went on a nice date that wasn't on our sofa or with a group of people. I like sofa dates more than anything but it seriously felt like we were on a first date! (Except not at a cheap Mexican restaurant like our real first date). I almost forgot how to conduct myself in nice places! Jk.

Miss Anything: I miss planning to wear things without considering, "What if my water broke in this outfit? Would everyone be able to tell?". I'm in that stage where I'm terrified that it will happen in the middle of a meeting or group of people. If I had my choice I would be confined to my house for the last few weeks! What an irrational fear?!? My 3 friends, that all just had babies, never even had their water break! Well I think the doctor might have broken theirs' or it happened in the hospital. But still.
Movement:  Lots of movement this week. I haven't felt any of the somersaults but I'm hoping it's because she is too big for that. Side note: Dr. Hauschka says that this will not be a "huge" baby. I had previously expressed my fears of a 9-10lb-er. She is going to get a look next Tuesday to see for sure but she didn't seem to think Jameson was very big....yet. 

Food cravings: Nothing new...just my usual carbs and sweets.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Oh my gosh I knew there was a reason I wasn't overly interested in vegetables this pregnancy. I didn't have time to go out for lunch one day this week so I got something at work and, not surprisingly, only bagels and vegetables were left at the Bistro. I ate some broccoli (with ranch dip obvi) but almost had to go home early. Broccoli reflux is like constantly burping up a dumpster in your mouth. I tried eating a banana afterwards to get a better taste in my mouth but I just ended up having ranch-banana taste instead.

Gender: Panther's baby princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (In your face Will)

Symptoms:  I'm not as tired as I had been previously...I think I'm getting used to my work schedule now. I had some pains that made me stop in my tracks at Target. Seems like I should probably stop visiting Target since this happens every time I go there, but I can't....I also had a contraction while getting my sonogram at the doctor's office that I couldn't feel! Now that I know what I'm looking/feeling for I can tell that I have had more than a few of those but they don't really feel like anything yet. Just feels like your abs former abs tightening a little. I've had some other weird pains too but they are mostly just uncomfortable baby moving pains. Nothing a nap or a shower couldn't fix.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but definitely still emotional! Cried at my desk because someone I didn't expect to contribute to my work shower gift card did. That was fun. Sometimes I get sad when Will has to leave me for soccer or work if it's late at night or really early in the AM....so dumb. I'm trying to absorb all the Will and Michael time I can....I guess!!!

2 comments:

  1. My vote is 8lbs 7oz!!! And I'm dying to know who was this mystery co-worker?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it was all of store planning AND Bryon...the PM that Leigh and I inadvertently ditched for lunch that one time!

    ReplyDelete