Sunday, September 29, 2013

week 37

FULL TERM!! We made it! According to apps and doctors baby can come any day now without any serious complications from being under developed. The US tech showed her measuring at 36 weeks and 2 days when I went in on week 36 and 5 days. They said that is close enough to being right-on since the due date is an estimate anyway. According to a complicated math formula she is weighing in at 6lbs 3oz! She is supposed to gain a half pound per week so if she goes to 40 weeks she will be a little over 7.5lbs. I don't know if I trust that number since there is no way to really accurately determine her weight. I have heard tons of stories about that number being drastically off. I'm still thinking under 8lbs but I guess we will just have to wait and see!

36 weeks and 5 days (6lbs 3oz......maybe :))!!! I think that is a baby first to the mouth...or her best impression of my favorite phrase, "why I oughta!!!!!". Probably the latter.

In other news...my extremely cool doctor who doesn't ever get too worked up about anything...made me get a flu shot. It wasn't really a question...she just sent the nurse in and I got one. She told me to make Will get one...who ironically is sick (but won't go to the doctor). AND she said to tell anyone who wants to come visit the baby to get a shot first. Her words people!!! I haven't had a flu shot in 10+ years. I boycott them usually...but I really, really don't want a sick baby. You will be shunned from future visits if you bring disease into my home...yes, that means you Will!!!!
Anywho, on with the bumpdate!

This looks fake!! I feel like I look like I'm wearing a fake stomach except that my butt and thighs have morphed into one shape and I know THAT isn't fake. This is what happens when you haven't seen a picture of yourself in 2-3 weeks! Holy!!! p.s. the black and white photo is because Will asked me to "try and look tanner" because my face was too pale with the light in the room...the compliments never end!!!


Total weight gain:  38lbs

Maternity clothes? Yep. I'm terrified to wear anything but black pants to work from now on. I just know my water will break at work. Will just suggested I bring a towel for work while making a grossed-out face. Ohhhh Will!

Stretch marks?  I'm past stretch marks and dreading other postpartum gross body issues...

Sleep:  I don't know what is happening at night. I am either ACTUALLY getting all sorts of weird pains OR tricking myself into thinking I might be having contractions OR dreaming it all. Either way....I'm not sleeping much.

Best moment this week: Ultrasound Day!!! Whoooooo!!

Miss Anything: This one is really dumb and probably a little bratty....but I really miss wearing my wedding bands!

Movement:  Still tons of movement. I can't tell if she wants out or is partying....

Food cravings: Nothing really. Feeling so barfy at nights now.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Food smells at work. Someone burns their effing popcorn at least once a day in the breakroom. I don't understand why this is a difficult task. It should be banned. Needless to say it makes me nauseous.

Gender: Pretty pretty princess. (Remember that game??? I never had it but I was always jealous of the younger girls playing it. I think I was a little old when it actually came out.)

Symptoms:  Tired mostly. I feel full...not of food but of baby. Full of baby. I'm NOT to the point where people say they are just ready to give birth and get the baby out...yet. I feel like I have so much left to do! I don't think I actually do....but it still feels that way. I'm okay with going 40+ week as of today. Famous last words?

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy. I'm very nervous for Jameson to actually be here but I just want to know what she looks like! Until then I'm content working up until my due date (while I can still get paid :)) and letting her come when she's ready! Take your time Jameson!

1 comment:

  1. Great update! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete