Sunday, August 11, 2013

week 30 and a super small nursery update

I feel like I don't have much to update about! Will and I worked on the nursery this weekend and we still have SOOO much left to do! I just remembered that we had our child birthing class this past Saturday from 9-4PM. We lasted until noon. The first half of class we watched some births and learned the stages of labor...I still feel like I have no idea what to look for. Signs of early labor include: abdomen pain, back pain, and tightening of the uterus. Umm my uterus is the size of a soccer ball so I'm assuming ANY tightening I feel ANYwhere in the torso region is labor. So far I've been in labor 5 times this week according to that logic. So crazy. We dipped out at lunch and went to ikea instead. We are already slack parents. But at least Jameson's room will look good :/
Here is a princess room update:
Will spent a lot of time making sure it was perfectly centered (which it isn't in this photo and he would kill me if he knew this is the picture I picked to post). Also...the crib skirt is super wrinkled but I'll get to that later...


On with the bumpdate. Excuse my long sleeve shirt...my boss keeps our office/warehouse at a brisk 69 degrees.

what a chunk! and yes I wear this skirt every other day. and double yes...I wear Toms to work. Sue me.


Total weight gain:   Still at 26lbs SOMEHOW...not for my lack of trying to gain weight. I haven't walked in over a week and did one or two of my video sessions. Slack!

Maternity clothes?  Oh yea. I'm very thankful that I don't have to wear "real" work clothes to work. I really don't know what I would wear...I only wear flowy things and sandals that don't need to be buckled.

Stretch marks?  I'm not even looking anymore. I know they are everywhere. I've accepted dealt with it emotionally already....

Sleep:  Sleep is okay. I come home and nap for about 2 hours now. Then I eat and go back to bed around midnight. Repeat.

Best moment this week: This is best/scariest. I wasn't really feeling Jameson move too much Wednesday evening and nothing much on Thursday morning either. I decided to leave a message with the triage nurse and ask what I should do. I tried the sugary drink and laying on my side trick but all I felt were a few bubbles a lot lower than I normally felt her move. The nurse called me back an hour later and asked if I could come in immediately. So I did. I got hooked up to the NST machine and had some fruit punch and OF COURSE Jameson starting showing off. She kicked off the monitors and was crazy for the next 45 mins. The monitors were tracking baby's heart rate as well as any contractions. Baby's heart rate was fine and I wasn't having contractions. So next I got to have an ultrasound! The US tech showed me that Jameson was Frank Breech (which I think is just an early phase of breech). I was right at 30 weeks so she still has plenty of time to move but they want to check her again in a few weeks. They also said that may be why I was feeling her less since she was in a new position. Anyway, she is fine and I am fine. Just had a panicky moment!

p.s. I had been having reservations about whether she as actually a girl or not thanks to Will so when I was getting the ultrasound I didn't even have to ask the lady to check because the first thing SHE was doing was flashing her lady bits right for the camera. Bold.

Miss Anything: I want to sleep on my tummy and I keep chickening out about having a glass of wine or a beer. I keep saying I'm going to taste Wills'  or pour myself one and then I just forget about it and eat a snack. I really never thought I would turn down the opportunity to have A drink in the last trimester (don't worry, this move was doctor approved for all you haters out there!)

Movement:  See previous best/scariest moment! She is back to normal and keeping me up at night now. She just wanted attention. In the words of Will, "what my baby wants, my baby gets!"

Food cravings: Steaks and sushis...

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just some acid reflux! The US tech also thought she saw hair on the US so perhaps this is why I have reflux!.

Gender: Princess James

Symptoms:  BACK PAIN!!! Turrrrrrible.


Happy or Moody most of the time:  I think I'm back to happy. I've been "crafting" my face off. I hate that word. Calling an art major "crafty" is like calling Lionel Messi "scrappy". Will would laugh at that comparison. Good thing he doesn't read the blog then ;)

 BONUS!! Do you think my cats know they are going to have a little sister....awfully protective of the belly...just sayin'.

this bottom sea green color is my giant belly. They chose the smallest place in the house (my disappearing lap) to watch TV on. Hams.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Michael. Please keep writing, long after Jameson has graced us with her presence. Your words make me laugh and make me happy. :) XOXO - CQB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Will do, Carolyn! I can only imagine the stories I will have once she is here!

      Delete