Monday, June 17, 2013

week 22 and some change

Whoooops! Super late on this guy. Blame Jameson...she's craaaaazy! Jk, I got distracted by vacation time this weekend. I didn't get a really good picture of the bump but it is HUGE! No really.

This is from the 22 week mark....I just forgot to post!


Total weight gain:   I either did some really bad math last week or gained a ton this past week. I'm up 17.5 lbs....If I'm only a little over half way does that mean that number will double?!!?

Maternity clothes?  I'm in the depression phase of dressing while pregnant. Everything looks like a piece of fabric draped over a car on me. T-shirts make my tums hang out so I look like a fat redneck...and I still have 4 more months!!

Stretch marks?  Not yet....

Sleep:  I'm all over the place. Sometimes I sleep 3 hours in the evening or sometimes 9 hours. And now I don't wake up in the middle of the night until I'm literally doubled over in pain from a full bladder. This weekend I couldn't sleep so I woke up and did some squats in the hotel room. I have no idea what my reasoning behind that was. Thank goodness no one woke up to see me because they were not pretty.


Best moment this week: I saw a ton of family and got surprises for Jameson and my mom bought me a dress to add to my rotation of 5 things! Whoo hooo!


Miss Anything?  Ummm I miss my thighs not rubbing together...and I miss working out. I always had a love/hate relationship with working out but I really miss it. I also lost all muscle in my thighs....I guess from not playing soccer?? Wtf??

Movement:  A LOT! I like to pretend whatever I am eating or drinking at the time she is moving is her favorite thing. So far she likes soda....and soda.

Food cravings: Fruits and waters but instead I'm eating carbs and carbs. Lazy. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really that I can think of. Hot drinks maybe??

Gender:  Lady baby

Symptoms:  General largeness. I can't last in the heat as long as I want to...and ridiculous thigh rubbing. So sick. Like to the point where I might start wearing sliders in public. 

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy/bossy/cranky...all of the above. Less crying than before. I've learned to channel that into rage instead! :)


L to R: Patti (Mom), G-ma Bobbie, Les, Sarah (sistas!), Large Marge, and McWill. Hangovers courtesy of the previous night's wedding. Not me, I was just sleepy. Also remind me to never wear a sports bra while wearing maternity clothes. Can we say uni-boob/tummy!?

In other news Will and I went to Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island (Florida for those not familiar) this weekend. We had the dumbest trip down there...I went to bed at 2AM and woke up promptly at 5:45AM(!?!?)to get ready and load the car. Will decided he needed to work for like 45 minutes so we ended up getting on the road around 7:45. No idea what we did for 2 hours. Anyway, our trip started off all wrong. We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get breakfast and I accidentally ordered a milkshake for breakfast soooo that was weird. Will and I have differing opinions on what happened next but I'm sure I'm right...I got my milkshake (fat) and decided I was annoyed with everyone in sight so I decided to go outside and wait. Will said a woman from the back kitchen brought his food to him and said "have a happy father's day". He was appalled. "Do I look like a dad?!?!". He has been told by my brother that he looked like a dad because "he was hairy and wears loafers" so this really sent him over the edge. He was not pleased. Ummm, I have a bowling ball floating off my front so I don't really feel sorry for you if you look like a dad. Silly Will.
Anyway, after that we set off for I-77 south only to hit traffic 25 minutes into the trip. I convinced Will to get off the interstate and take back roads only to encounter some jerk running a red light and another jerk driving on the wrong side of the road. Hillbillies. Oh, then I needed to mail my father's day card to my dad so it could get there in time (only to remember later that he was on vacation until next Saturday). Fail. At least we got a nice tour of the SCANA facility in Cayce, SC.
Hooray we made it to I-26! Wait why are we in North Charleston?!?! Whoops, we missed I-95 because I was talking about snacks. AND since we are both stubborn we didn't want to back track on I-26 so we got off and did 17 south instead. Fail. Needless to say, 7 hours** after leaving Charlotte we were ready to see beach. Queue the rain! But then family-time happened so it was okay!


Our only picture from the wedding, not great quality but it works! It was an outdoor wedding (a tad warm but it cooled down for the reception).

Sarah's first Stella :) Beautiful reception on the harbor! Already looking puffy...can't wait for months 6-9 :(


** I am notorious for ruining car trips. I mostly drive on trips (unless we already know where we are going) because I stop paying attention to the map. I accidentally turned off GPS this trip which is really why we missed I-95. We both knew that we needed to get on 95...but my snack stories were soooo riveting. I have also gotten us turned around in Tennesee while on the way to west Georgia (you should never need to go through Tennessee from Charlotte FYI). These are only a few of my many direction related blunders but I'll save myself some embarrassment. I prefer a list of directions to a map...I'm reeeeeeeealllly good at following lists...just not movable picture maps. "But how am I supposed to know which way north is if every time I turn the phone the map re-orientates itself!??!?" (that is rhetorical...Will has answered this out loud to me many times). 


No comments:

Post a Comment