Friday, June 21, 2013

week 23

Looking and feeling larger by the day it seems! This is crazy talk! I had a pretty emotional past week or 2. Last week my BFF Kirsten gave birth to a precious baby girl. She was just under 7lbs but she feels and looks soooooooo tiny!! I have to watch how I say that because I'm sure 7lbs does NOT feel small coming out of you. I only have my cats to compare sizes to, so that is what I'm basing it off of...no offense KK! Sike, KK won't be offended. She loves cats as much as I do!
And theeeeeeen, my friend Aimee in Hawaii had her baby boy early this week. So many babies. I am overwhelmed! I haven't gotten to talk with Aimee that much since the time change is ridiculous and I want her to get situated before I bombard her with 5 million questions. Good luck Mimi!
Alright, here is the boring stuff...


It's all boobs. Gross. Also, now I get why prego ladies always put their hand where I have mine. We aren't being "tender"...it's so people can tell that you have a form and are not, in fact, wearing a bed sheet. It's proof that there is a reason you look like a sweaty obese homeless lady. 


Total weight gain:   18.5 lbs........ga-ross. Oh well. I eat what I want and exercise. Although, I mostly do more of one than the other (it's not exercise...shhhh!).

Maternity clothes?  I just put on my stretchiest outfits out of my closet. I did finally break down and buy new bras. I went to VS for their semi-annual sale and to my surprise I found some of the most comfortable bras ever! The only catch was they came in hot pink with sequins and lime green with leopard print trim. Ridiculously inappropriate for this fat-pregnant lady in my opinion. 

Stretch marks?  No, but if I ruin one more shirt with disgusting oily cocoa butter stains seeping through silk/sheer polyester AND still get stretch marks...heads will roll!!!! For some reason I don't trust anything else but that paste...it's mental.

Sleep:  I can't even tell anymore. I feel the same when I sleep 5 hours or when I sleep 9 so I'm clearly missing that median number. It's probably 7...but I'm too lazy to get up.

Best moment this week: Our glider AND crib came in. Plus I bought a Sleep Sheep impulsively. The cats love it...


Miss Anything?  I have dreams about running and playing soccer. So I guess I miss that?!? Who would have thought!

Movement:  Baby James plays soccer with my bladder from 10pm until I fall asleep. I hope this isn't a sign to come for sleep patterns. If she is like me she will be a night owl and nap away her days!

Food cravings: I want frozen yogurt every night! The craving doesn't kick in until 9pm and it's too late for TCBY at that point. It's for the best though....oh also, I crave frozen coffee drinks. Never in my life have I been like that! 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really, just gross heartburn/acid reflux after certain meals.

Gender: Guuuuuuuuuurl

Symptoms:  Just weight and sometimes weird random pains. Oh and my tums is itchy even though I lotion it in the AM and PM!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy but delivery fears have begun to set in! I am terrified of the unknown. 2 of my best friends gave birth this past week and their birth stories are so completely opposite. I like to read blogs and freak myself out too. Am I right Jessica?!? Anyway, I have a while to think about it so I may as well get over it!

This post was weak, I know. I don't even feel like checking for errors....sorry grammar police! I wanted to post pictures and do a nursery update but my glider and crib are in pieces right now. Once Will finishes the bead board installation in the nursery you won't be able to get me out of there. So hurry up Will, dang! The people are waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Hello nursery update!!! I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there has been zero progress to the nursery...hopefully you will see a post next week. i'm embarrassed to say i work for a designer and yet still have no motivation for this nursery. if i can't make it beige, i'm out of my element!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete