Friday, June 28, 2013

week 24 (and meatloaf)

Only 4 more weeks until I'm in my 3rd trimester! That seems ridiculous! I'm going to sidetrack here for a minute and announce something amazing...y'all, I got Will to eat meatloaf!!!!! I feel like more people hate meatloaf than people that like it...much less love it. I love meatloaf good meatloaf. I am a sucker for any restaurant offering a meat and 3 combo. 


"MAAA! THE MEATLOAF!!!!" This a glorious slice of meatloaf-heaven from Dish, my favorite restaurant in Charlotte! This is what I was eating when we found out Jameson was a Jameson...claaaaaaaaassssssssssy! I will make Jameson love this place too...(majority rules William!)

I don't even remember if we ate meatloaf growing up. Anyway, I tricked Will. Most meatloaf has onion or celery or some other "crunchy vegetable" (is an onion a vegetable?? I count it). Anyway, I made it boring but with lots of sauce and he ate it. He ate it all. AND I made mashed potatoes (real ones) and he liked them. For those of you that don't know...Will and I are very stubborn about our Thanksgiving mashed potatoes. He prefers his mothers' and I prefer my mothers'. Since I make them, I do it Patti's way (they have sour cream and cream cheese in them). Anyway, I had all the intention of having baked potatoes and then decided that was dumb and made mashed potatoes at the last minute. He only liked them because I added triple the amount of butter I normally put in them. I don't know how we are still breathing this morning. 
Alright, enough about that. Let's see what the fatty has been up to!


FAT GIRL IN A LITTLE COAT! Someone stop letting me wear stripes dammit!





Total weight gain:   Dr. H only has me at +17lbs so I'm totally going with that! 

Will quote of the week: "You don't look pregnant from behind...I mean you're a little wider but I'd still 'date' you."  The man of my dreams ladies and gentlemen! This quote was not even instigated. I was simply getting ready for bed and minding my own....

Maternity clothes?  oh yea oh yea oh yea. I just ordered some new items from Old Navy. Gotta keep things interesting!

Stretch marks?  Not yet....I wince every time I look at my belly after I get up...as if they appear over night. Actually, they probably do.

Sleep:  I tried to switch sides of the bed with Will to see if it made a difference. It really did, but then he gets in bed before me and steals his spot back so I'll never get to retest. So selfish. Also, both cats have had increasing interest in the Snoogle. I woke up this morning to both of them sleeping on it...along with me!

Best moment this week: A "stranger" in my neighborhood pulled over to tell me congratulations. I was weirded out and then got emotional at the same time. I've never talked to this lady but from what I can tell she is a nice lady!

Miss Anything?  Summer cocktails. And more specifically a turkey/bacon/brie/honey mustard sandwich from Laurel Market. Whoever delivers that to me at the hospital can have a million dollars after I win the lottery. Dead serious.

Movement:  Yes! Mostly at night. Will's face was hilarious one night when he felt her dance around over and over. She's got Will-moves.

Food cravings: Just the normal forbidden items. I don't really get crazy for anything. I have been eating a lot of red meat though... 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just chicken on the bone still. The thought of it can make me dry heave.

Gender: Pretty, pretty princess!

Symptoms:  Soooo out of breath walking up hills. I caught myself walking with both hands on my hips through the neighborhood. Stupid. People probably think I'm about to have this baby any second with the way I struggle/waddle on my walks. For the record, I waddle because of chub rub (inner thighs rubbing when I don't wear pants).

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy...I told Dr. H about all my delivery fears. She is due in less than 2 weeks! She told me I was being crazy and that mine would be perfect (liar, but it made me feel better).

That's all I got!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! You were stressing out over nothing!! Love the pink!! Also, not weighing yourself is the best decision ever!

    ReplyDelete