Wednesday, May 8, 2013

week 17

Boring! Nothing exciting to note this week really. I'm counting down the days until Gender-Reveal-Monday. Never have I ever wanted it to be Monday so badly!!!

This past Saturday was my BFF's baby shower at my house. I think I was in over my head. I had to employ Will to help decorate, run errands, lift heavy objects, and wrestle my asshole cats. They attacked every decoration and piece of food I put out. Jerks. His reward was a video game. Anyway, it was a good time and we had a good photo op with the 3 prego friends:
Michael: 16 weeks, Kirsten: 33 weeks, 23 weeks. Also, I hate Jessica for not even looking pregnant in this photo.
After making Will cleanup the baby shower with me I dragged him to a 1 year old birthday party. There were babies of many ages there (mostly all screaming) and then 3 pregnant ladies at various stages of pregnancy. Will was notably traumatized by everything. Poor Will!! I never feel sorry for him, but that day I did...
Now for the main event...........
Sorry for the dumb face. I had to hold the peplum skirt down because once I ate the skirt was sticking straight out! And yes, I was feeling coral this week obviously (see also the coral blouse in picture 1).
  
Total weight gain:   7lbs depending on what I ate that day.

Maternity clothes?  Yes, just bought my most embarrassing purchase to date. A skirted bathing suit bottom. Don't worry, it doesn't have ruffles. I had to buy some bigger tops too. They are borderline inappropriate but I don't think I should HAVE to wear a tankini because other people think a pregnant belly is gross. Suck it gawkers.

Stretch marks?  No sign ...but I am going ahead and mentally preparing myself. Patti said she didn't get any so maybe it's genetic?!!?

Sleep:  Sucks. I'm not a good side sleeper. I change sides probably every hour at this point. I just can't get used to it. I sleep in late so it's not a big deal.


Best moment this week:  finding some daycares that actually have openings this winter.


Miss Anything?  Sleeping on my stomach and playing soccer...sushi and summer cocktails.

Movement:  I still haven't felt anything yet. I get weird feelings at night but not sure if that is anything. **UPDATE** Last night while Rose was "making biscuits" on my stomach I felt something! I'm assuming it was baby kicking in retaliation of me "holding it" through 3 commercial breaks of Seinfeld without getting up to go. That and a cat pressing on it....Anyway it was weird and awesome all at the same time!

Food cravings:  Anything salty and everything that I shouldn't have.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just chicken on the bone still. Disappointing since I love fried chicken. I settled for chicken-fried-chicken the other night at Leroy Fox...put enough gravy on anything and it works.


Gender:  5 more days!!!! p.s. I saw a Chinese Gender chart online that predicted a boy...I checked all my friends who already know what they are having and it was accurate on all 3.....crazy!

Symptoms:  Weird feelings in my abs when I lay on my side and just overall largeness.


Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy but even MORE controlling than normal. Bless Will's precious heart for helping me decorate for Kirsten's baby shower. "Higher, no lower, no that looks effing stupid..." Things like that.

*******SPOILER ALERT*******
We went to see Iron Man 3 on Sunday and there was a part where Iron Man saves some people falling from Air Force One and then he drops them gently in the ocean. The group of people then do a unified fist pump and cheer! (Those of you that know me well, know that I cry at cheering crowds, fire works, and a united-front amongst strangers...so this isn't really unusual). I turned to tell Will how ridiculous it was that I was getting teary-eyed over that only to see some tears welling up in his eyes. I HAVE NEVER SEEN WILL CRY...he claims he does at almost every 30 For 30 but I've never actually seen it. Will loves America and Superheroes and ESPECIALLY Superheroes doing American things...like being awesome. Don't tell him I told you. His hormones are crazy right now.

Looking forward to:  Finding out the sex AND doing baby registry! I want to find pretties!



No comments:

Post a Comment