Tuesday, May 14, 2013

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!


This is what immediately popped into my head as soon as we found out!!! Haha, not really, but not too shortly after it. 
We had our 17 1/2 week ultrasound Monday afternoon where we had the anatomy scan. We told the US tech that we want to know the sex but we wanted to keep it a secret until later that night. The tech showed us head, legs, arms, heart, tummy, BUNS!, and other really important things babies need. She had us close our eyes when baby started doing crazy flips so we couldn't see her stuff. During the US the tech will type words according to what parts she is showing us and when she went to type something that started with a "B" and "boy" auto-filled...she didn't really react and just kept typing. So, in my mind I was like oh man she messed up and now we totally know! Will saw the same thing (we confirmed at checkout). So as we're leaving the office we got in our separate cars and decided to meet for a ridiculously early dinner (still 100% thinking baby was a boy). We went to my all time favorite place, DISH!! We ordered our drinks and then I couldn't wait any longer and we had to open it...and that's how we found out! 
I can honestly say that I was completely shocked. At the beginning of my pregnancy I just knew that it was a girl but somehow Will had me convinced it was a boy. I was obsessed with knowing the sex so we were googling old wive's tales just for fun and then even I convinced myself it was a boy too!! I still really can't get over it. I knew it was a 50/50 chance but I still really can't get over it. I have said that a million times! Haha! Anyway, Will has already turned into ultimate protector dad already...he made us switch cars since his was bigger and therefore safer. So precious. 
That's all for now...more later this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment