Thursday, May 30, 2013

half way!!!

20 whole weeks! We made it half way! Will still has not grasped that pregnancy is 40 weeks...he thinks I'm just bad at math when I say I'm "half way". He is sure that it is just 9 months...so I'll just keep pretending to be bad at pregnancy-math. Silly Will. Anyway, we decided that we will announce the name we have chosen for baby-princess Nova! One, because we finally decided and two, because I want to "claim" it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the politics of baby naming can get hairy! I have 4 other friends with babies due this summer so I gotta show my cards! Dibs!!! Okay drum roll please .......

Jameson Mae Nova

AKA Sweet Baby James, James, J, Jameson-Mae, but NEVER Jamie...no for real! No clever story or reason behind it besides that we like it! Mae is a family name thrown in for good measure! All opinions can be kept to yourself or whispered behind my back(unless it's to say you loooooove it), please and thank you! :) OK, here is the belly. Horizontal stripes are my worst enemy...but somehow that is all I own.

  I finally got Will to take a picture of me! "Stand in front of the flag, it looks so American." Nerd.


Total weight gain:   14lbs...umm that means up 3lbs since last week. I'm on a roll...

Maternity clothes?  Yup. The dress above is pre-pregnancy but even when I wasn't pregnant I showed up to my brother's wedding shower in it and a girl was 6 months pregnant and wearing the exact same thing. I've been self-conscious about it ever since...

Stretch marks?  Not yet but I keep hearing horror stories from ladies with them telling me to "accept them". NOooOOoooo!

Sleep:  Much better now thanks to precious Will...he bought me a Snoogle! Google it...and then read below under  "happy or moody" for more!


Best moment this week:  We took care of some big items on the registry this week so I feel like I can mark something off my list!


Miss Anything?  I'm embarrassed to say but I really miss drinking. Memorial Day just isn't the same with out a delicious adult beverage. Judge me if you must. 

Movement:  Not as much this past week so of course I had myself all freaked out before my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Heartbeat was 148bpm and all of my tests came back okay. Will says the baby is a "Michael" and always napping and only cares about soda. Yes! I've always wanted to be a twin but I'll settle for a mini-me!

Food cravings:  Umm, I ate a pregnant lady sized portion shit-ton of boiled peanuts this past weekend. I have yet to go to a sporting event in Charlotte that sells them so when we were in South Carolina for Memorial Day weekend I had enough to make me sick all day Monday.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Apparently boiled peanuts.

Gender:  Little lady baby princess

Symptoms:  Some cramping in the intestine region...I presume from them being shoved into a much smaller area near my lungs...I presume.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Mostly pleasant, except for when I ask Will to pick up Farrow & Ball's Middleton Pink paint from Sherwin Williams and he decides it is the same as Rockabye Baby Pink from I don't even know where. (It is NOT the same for the record!!) I raged on the phone for a solid 3 minutes with him only to walk into the bedroom to see he had gotten me a Snoogle for my sleeping woes. I hung up and cried....and then took a nap. I lurve you McWilliam!!!!! Snoogle is my new jam.

Looking forward to:  Going on our mini babymoon this this weekend in Hilton Head!!!!

In other news I managed to keep some plants alive this spring/summer. This gives me great hope for raising a child! Here are my plant children:

This is our "Nova" plant. Will's dad said that is the real name of it! We discovered it a few weeks after moving in. Weird, right??


And my mini-gardenia! It already has twice as many buds as last year! Ha!
Anyway, no big deal...I know, but the only plant I have ever kept alive was a bamboo plant my mom bought me when I moved into the dorms at Winthrop as a freshman. I kept it alive 6 years and then one of my asshole cats knocked it off the window sill and ate all the leaves off of it. Ruthless! I don't even know if you can kill a bamboo plant but I'm counting it. The End.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog and looooveee the name! can't wait to meet her1 :)

    ReplyDelete