Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Max Johan Nova

Sweet baby Max is here! Get ready for photo overload! Max arrived on Thursday May 19th about 4 days past his due date. Apparently his due date was the 15th and NOT the 16th...whoops, ultimate mommy brain. I'll give a brief synopsis of the birth story and then I'll just post alllllllllll the pics!!

Max in the hospital with Will

Okay so after my doctor promised be I wouldn't even reach my due date I was finally wait-listed to be induced 4 days AFTER my due date. Woof. And yes, you can be wait-listed to have a baby...WTF?? Thursday morning we got the call to be at the hospital by 10:00am. Mimsy/Peema came up to watch Jameson and she stayed home from school that day. We got to the hospital and got hooked up to an IV (probably the worst part of the whole thing...blew out 2 veins and couldn't use my right hand for a day). They started me on Pitocin at about 11:45am and then Dr. H came in and broke my water. I got my epidural around 2pm. Sooo since my contractions weren't nearly as bad as they were the first time...the epidural was NOT pleasant. I was way more coherent (not crying and barfing like last time)this time around and was super conscious of the needle going into my back. That being said, I had to have it placed twice because I jumped the first time. The anesthesiologist made sure I knew that I could have easily paralyzed myself by doing that...thanks doc! 

Okay moving on...I don't even know what time I started pushing but this time my doctor was there the entire time! I was so surprised and confused! Anyway I pushed awhile and it was the general concensus that this baby was going to be "big". I don't know how much time elapsed but all the sudden there were like 8 nurses in the room prepping for the baby. After literally working as hard as I ever have...they let me know I only had a few pushes left and he would be here. I push one more time and all the sudden the tone of the room changed. I could tell in my doc's face that something wasn't quite right...but she didn't seem worried. They mumbled medical stuff and then 3 nurses jumped on me and one pushed Will out of the way and started laying on my stomach and everyone was really encouraging me to push. I felt like I had to get him out right then. One more big push and I thought I did it and then I was very firmly told to STOP PUSHING. I immediately panicked on the inside and then everyone rushed around and he finally came out. But he wasn't crying...he was a little grey and HUGE. I kept asking if he was fine and they said he's fine but he still wasn't crying. I swear he didn't make a noise for 5 mins. They suctioned him A LOT and kept telling me he was huge but I didn't hold him for over 10-15 mins. After he finally made a noise they told me he was "stuck" on my pelvic bone (barf). His shoulder was stuck and I guess that is why the ladies jumped on me. I don't even know. I didn't ask questions. I just wanted to hold him. Finally, we held him and they told us he was 9LBS 10.5OZS and 21.5". Whoooooooooooooa. Thank goodness I got induced. Holy baby chunk!

Baby Max on our first day home!
oh man, my favorite picture forever

tickle tickle, Max!

our photographer was soooo nice. Jameson couldn't make it to the hospital on the day we had photos because she got sick. She offered to come to our house the next day and get some pictures with Jameson. Thank goodness because these are just the best pictures I could have asked for. 

all his bandaids from being pricked over and over and over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment