Monday, April 22, 2013

visit from the sibs

My brother and his wife came down this weekend for an impromptu "brotha/sista visit". I'm quoting my sister-in-law who loves to calls us that! Les and Sarah came in Thursday night after a loooooong 13+ hour drive. My mom came up Friday for dinner where I dazzled my guests with spaghetti and salad. Classy, I know. But the main event was the Not Yo Mama's Banana Puddin' (Paula, Paula Deen y'all!). A proven crowd pleaser at events such as work pot lucks and random Fridays...also it should be noted that I nearly ruined a perfectly good breakfast casserole by using the wrong dish. Baby steps....

Unfortunately, the weather in Charlotte was uncooperative so we took a chilly tour of the city. We stopped at the farmer's market where I ogled flowers and homemade cakes and pies. Delicious. We did a Greenway tour and stopped for a photo shoot that you can see below:



(check out the bump)



The Sibs


Next on the agenda was South 21 Drive-In. In my entire 6 years living in Charlotte I have never stopped to eat here. When I worked at Family Dollar that place would be hoppin' on a Friday night....it never occurred to me to actually stop. Les and Sarah saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives so we had to check it out. I assume they were impressed, however, I've never encountered a burger that my brother could walk away from sooo who knows. We also had to take a pit stop at Mr. K's for ice cream....that was baby's fault though. After a solid nap time we decided to go to a Knight's game....previously I worked there for 8 seasons so it was nice to come back after a 3 season break (this time as a spectator). Will was a jerk and pulled for the visitors. Not surprising since they were the Braves AAA team. Since it was Saturday we also got to view the "Fireworks Spectacular". Never have I have ever watched fireworks with a jacket and blanket...what a weird thing. Stupid spring.



note: Will is watching a baseball game live as well as tracking one on his phone. sick.


That about sums. I mostly ate but had a good time hanging out with the family. I wish Les and Sarah lived closer :( but I cherish our brief but excellent visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment